A housekeeper/maid is a household worker who cleans and performs various other tasks. A housekeeper/maid is someone who lives in the home and tidies it up, also doing jobs like ironing, grocery shopping, and cooking. In the old days, wealthy families employed maids who wore uniforms and sometimes waited on one individual woman, helping her dress herself and cleaning up after her.
What does a maid do?
Housekeepers/maids are individuals who perform domestic chores like ironing, grocery shopping, cleaning, and laundry. Primarily, Housekeepers/maids oversee the maintenance of wardrobes, serve meals, and lay out clothes. They can carry out their job independently and adhere to the strict schedules set for them. They maintain the cleaning records as well as the supply inventory in organizations or residences. Housekeepers/maids are expected to be equipped with physical capabilities, along with cleaning, time management, customer service, and organizational skills.
- Time management skills- Housekeepers/maids often work on their own or in a small group of other housekeepers and must complete a set number of cleanings each day. Being able to properly manage time is a key skill needed by a housekeeper to ensure they complete all cleanings on time.
- Attention to detail- A housekeeper/maid must be extremely detail-oriented to be effective at their job. From organizing various household items to ensuring that floors and windows are scrubbed clean and left streakless, these professionals need a keen eye for detail to successfully perform their duties. The more thorough a housekeeper is at completing their tasks, the better they will be at their job.
- Communication skills- Housekeepers/maids must regularly communicate with clients, coworkers and supervisors to ensure that the expectations for each cleaning are thoroughly understood. Without good communication skills, a housekeeper/maid may not meet the needs of the client or overlook important components required to complete a particular job.
- Interpersonal skills- Housekeepers often work directly with clients and must be able to work well with others to be successful at their job. Common interpersonal skills needed by housekeepers include dependability, teamwork and responsibility.
- Flexibility- Many housekeepers/maids are required to work different hours each day based on a client’s needs. For example, if a housekeeper/maid is tasked with cleaning an office building, they may have to wait to begin work until all employees have left the building for the evening. Some housekeepers/maids even work overnight or early in the morning. Being flexible can help a housekeeper/maid be available for more jobs and potentially make more money.
- Customer service- Housekeepers/maids must have good customer service skills to be successful at what they do. This is because their work is based on the approval of the client, so ensuring that clients are satisfied with a housekeeper/maid’s performance is key to being successful in this career.
- Dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures.
- Cleaning and sanitising toilets, showers/bathtubs, countertops, and sinks.
- Maintaining a clean and sanitary kitchen area.
- Making beds and changing linens.
- Washing windows.
- Vacuuming and cleaning carpets and rugs.
Here is a list of top 10 best housekeeper/maid in Kolkata:
|Serial No.||Name||Address||Phone No.|
|1||Global Instant Source||1st Floor, 124, Arabinda Sarani, Beadon Street, Kolkata – 700006, Near Ratnagiri Showroom||7947409201|
|2||Home Cleaning A – Z Solution || sanitization services in Kolkata ||||21/2g, Manohar Pukur Rd, Dover Terrace, Ballygunge, Kolkata, West Bengal 700029||082401 22600|
|3||Abc Ayah Centre||69/2, Bidhannagar Road, Ultadanga Main Road, Kolkata – 700067, Near Ultadanga Station||7947404912|
|4||Malati Aya Centre (Baby Care, All Type Of Patients Care, Maid Service, Ayah and Nurses-Supplier agency )||61/1, Raja Rammohan Roy Rd, East, Kolkata, West Bengal 700008||093392 33446|
|5||Tara Maa Aya Service Centre – best aya center in kolkata, Dhakuria, Jadavpur, west bengal||Jadavpur Station Rd, Pal Bazaar, Bhattacharjee Para, Jadavpur, Kolkata, West Bengal 700032||070442 03371|
|6||The Special Care||TM-5/143, Chinar Park, Nishikanan, Tegharia, Kolkata, West Bengal 700157||084202 03399|
|7||Ranisati Seba Centre||17 Jamir Lane, 13 K Ballygunge, Ballygunge, Kolkata – 700019, Near- Ballygunge Station||7947405377|
|8||Frontline Security Service – Best Security Guard & House Keeping Services in Kolkata||69, Sadhna Aushadhalaya, Road, Kolkata, West Bengal 700048||093310 06889|
|9||Germicide Housekeeping Agency Private Limited||6/3, Ekdalia Rd, Ekdalia, Ballygunge, Kolkata, West Bengal 700019||033 2440 7947|
|10||Housekeeping||42, Narkeldanga Main Rd, Phool Bagan, Beleghata, Kolkata, West Bengal 700054||062907 72569|
Professnow is a platform, where we have gathered informations on the services you can need every now and then. Here we provide a very brief listing of the experts in your desired service. This start-up of 2021 is all about providing you the best of the bestest at your doorstep.