A chef/cook is a profession for individuals who prepare food for consumption in the food industry in settings such as restaurants. A cook is someone whose responsibility it is to prepare and cook various appetizers, entrees and desserts; to ensure the ingredients used are fresh; to make sure the work area is clean; and to have any necessary equipment readily available. Chefs/cooks follow recipes, mix ingredients, and prepare many types of foods, using various cooking methods, such as braising, steaming, baking and broiling.
How do we become a chef/cook?
In general, there are two things that make a chef/cook: creativity and career. A chef/cook is someone who is, or at one point was, paid to make food. If you’ve never cooked food as a career, it’s going to be difficult to convince people who really care about the difference to call you a chef/cook.
What are the duties of a chef/cook?
The chef/cook will prepare meals and follow establishment recipes. Duties include preparing ingredients, adhering to the restaurant menu, and following food health and safety procedures. Cook, clean, assist other cooks and staff and deliver food in a fast-paced environment.
Qualities of a good chef/cook:
- Passion: A great chef/cook has to be passionate about food and cooking. They have to genuinely enjoy the whole process of procuring, preparing, cooking and serving food and have to be able to design menus too.
- Stamina: An essential quality of a true chef/cook is stamina. The commercial kitchen is a hard place to work; long hours on foot exposed to heat, grease, high pressure and odd working hours; a chef needs stamina to remain focused and consistently produce top quality food.
- Leadership skills: It is the chef/cook who is responsible for the kitchen. They have to be able to give direction to their team and maintain an amicable atmosphere in their kitchen. They need to guide, coach and monitor their juniors so that the operations run smoothly.
- Creativity: It is taken for granted that a chef/cook will be creative. It is this quality that actually brings in the customers. It is also what comes to aid when there may be some ingredient missing and a great tasting dish needs to be produced.
- Flexibility: No job in the kitchen should be beneath a chef/cook. It is only a flexible chef who can ensure that his kitchen is running smoothly, pitching in wherever necessary be it at the range or the wash basin.
- Organization: To run a well-oiled kitchen the chef/cook has to be organized. Every aspect of the job has to be planned out be it the proper utilization of staff, the traffic flow of the kitchen especially during rush hours, the kitchen layout and the food preparation or its plating.
- Business sense: A chef/cook has to have a keen sense of business to run a profitable organization. The kitchen has to not only produce tasty food, it has to be cost effective and wastage should be minimal.
- Multitasking: The ability to multitask comes to great use in the life of a chef/cook. They are overall in charge so from planning and designing menus to raw material procurement and inventory management to ensure that the right food goes to the right table, all the elements of a kitchen have to come together at the right time to result in seamless satisfactory service. It is the chef/cook’s duty to keep tabs on all of it.
- Commitment to quality: Every chef/cook has to be committed to quality using only the freshest and best quality ingredients and the best techniques to produce tasty food of the highest grade.
- Handle criticism: There is no guarantee that everybody will always love the food cooked by a chef. He will sometimes face criticism and he has to be able to handle it with equanimity, analyze the feedback and take appropriate action on it.
Benefits of hiring a chef/cook service:
- Convenience- This is probably the top reason for hiring a personal chef/cook service. The convenience of having someone else to prepare your dinner, lunches or dessert, saves you time and hassle. Not only will they cook for you, but they’ll clean up the mess too!
- Saves Time- Not only will a personal chef/cook service save you time on cooking, but on grocery shopping as well. A personal chef/cook works in two ways — they arrive with the ingredients and cook onsite or they arrive with the meals already prepared. This means fewer trips to the grocery store. It also saves time on hunting down the right ingredients, or ones you’ve never heard of.
- Saves Money- People spend so much money weekly on groceries. That comes to almost $800 per month! Have you ever tried a new recipe that required a long list of ingredients you didn’t have? Did you buy them, make one dish and never use them again? This is a waste of time, money and food. A personal chef/cook portions out the ingredients specifically for the amount you order. This means no waste.
- Saves Calories- Using a personal chef is a great way to cut down on calories and make nutrition a priority. Personal chefs control the portion sizes of your meal and buy the freshest ingredients. A personal chef is paid to make exactly what you want, how you want it. They follow your food preferences and any special diet requests you might have. Another perk to using a personal chef service is that you can keep unhealthy foods out of your house by only ordering healthy options.
- Make a Special Occasion Even More Special- Perhaps you’re not looking to hire a personal chef/cook full-time, but instead, want to host an elegant evening at home for friends. Hiring a chef/cook to cook for your party allows you to enjoy your guests. Instead of slaving over a hot stove, you can mingle and chat with friends.
List of top 10 best chef/cook in Delhi:
|Serial No.||Name||Address||Phone No.|
S 561, Bhagwati Business Centre, Shakarpur, Delhi – 110092
|2.||Shri Narayan Enterprises|
Shop No 01, 1st Floor, Sector 52, Wazirabad Gurgaon, Gurgaon – 122003
|3.||Shine Dynamic Manpower Solution|
Mohan Complex, First Floor, Anangpur Dairy, Faridabad Sector 37, Faridabad – 121003, Above ICICI Bank ATM
|4.||Ideal Job Centre|
Kalkaji Main Road-Kalkaji, Kalkaji, Delhi – 110019, Tara Apartment
|5.||Shri Narayan Enterprises|
Shop No 01, 1st Floor, Sector 52, Wazirabad Gurgaon, Gurgaon – 122003
|6.||New Sharma Tent & Light House|
Shop No.12/13, Baird Lane, Gol Market, Delhi – 110001, Near Bhai Vir Singh Sadan
|7.||Star Placement Services|
50 D/1 Second Floor, Gautam Nagar, Delhi – 110049
|8.||Esha Corporate Cleaner Service||Office 942, Nehru Road, Kotla Mubarakpur, Delhi – 110003, Near Big Apple||08045792398|
|9.||Gopal Cook and Catering Service Gurgoan Delhi Ncr|
House No-1577, Sector 52, Faridabad – 122002, Ardee City Gate No-2
House No. 105/10, New Railway Road, Bhim Nagar, Gurgaon – 122001, Near Ram Lila Ground
Professnow is a platform, where we have gathered informations on the services you can need every now and then. Here we provide a very brief listing of the experts in your desired service. This start-up of 2021 is all about providing you the one of the best at your doorstep.