An electrician is a tradesman specializing in electrical wiring of buildings, transmission lines, stationary machines, and related equipment. Electricians may be employed in the installation of new electrical components or the maintenance and repair of existing electrical infrastructure.
What is an electrician?
Electricians are responsible for inspecting, testing, repairing, installing, and modifying electrical components and systems. Electricians general work at homes, businesses, and construction sites, and generally work as contractors. They have usually completed an electrician program at a trade school or technical institute, finished a lengthy apprenticeship, and passed a licensing exam. While requirements to become a licensed electrician vary by state, most involve passing an exam and having proof of a certain number of classroom and practical hours.
Responsibilities of an electrician:
- Install, maintain, and enhance electrical systems and components, including fuses, lights, and wiring
- Inspect, test, and diagnose issues with electrical systems and components
- Perform all work in a manner that meets and follows electrical codes, blueprints, and standards
- Test electrical systems and components to ensure proper functioning
- Complete required documentation of repairs and service information
- Ensure adequate inventory of necessary supplies and parts
- Calibrate equipment to provided specifications
- Peform preventative maintenance on electrical systems and components
- Troubleshoot problems and make timely repairs
- Critical thinking and planning skills
- Deep understanding of basic construction skills and processes
- Project management
- Safety-conscious team player, leader, and collaborator
- Strong customer service focus
- Extensive troubleshooting and repair experience
- Knowledge of quality control issues, including analysis and resolution
- Experience with new construction wiring as well as updating electrical systems and remodeling
- Broad understanding of the National Electric Code
- Journeyman license
- Experience diagnosing and repairing hydraulic and mechanical components
6 qualities to look for when hiring electricians:
- Dependability- Dependability is one of the most important characteristics an electrician must have. As an employer, it’s important to look for electricians who will show up on time and contribute.
- Good Communication Skills- For the most part, electricians will need to work with a diverse range of people, including estimators, homeowners, and project managers. They will need to communicate effectively in their role to improve teamwork and ensure customers are up to date as the project develops.
- Independent Problem Solving- Electricians are often challenged with both basic and complex problems they’ll be required to solve efficiently and independently. Especially on projects where only one electrician is required, the ability to be resourceful and make the right decision is important.
- Time Management- The ability to finish a job on time is a difficult skill to master, but it’s essential for an electrician working as a larger part of a team. As an employer, you will need accurate labour and cost estimates. An electrician’s ability to predict the time needed and stick to that timeline is a must-have skill.
- Attention to Detail- Staying safe on the job requires a cautious and detail-oriented approach to the job. Electricians will need a strong understanding of regulations and safety procedures and be mindful to work in a way that keeps them and others safe.
- Business Skills- Business skills are often developed over years of working for a company or as an independent contractor. General knowledge of business practices including invoicing, inventory tracking, and strategic planning are indicators of an experienced electrician.
Here is a list of top 10 best electricians in Agra:
|Serial No.||Name||Address||Phone No.|
|1||APC Electricals LLP||Shop no UG-4 Om Complex Dushyant Nagar Bodla Pashchim Puri Road, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282007||096758 01743|
|2||Sheela Electricals Agencies||C2/56, Bypass Rd, Near Shri Ram Talkies, Professors Colony, Ghatwasan, Kamla Nagar, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282004||0562 400 0152|
|3||Daulat Ram electrician and electronic||Dauji Vihar, Dehtora Rd, bodala, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282007||097602 32219|
|4||Krishna Enterprises Private Limited||Block No. 5-6, 2nd Floor, Shop No. 16, Wazirpura Rd, Sanjay Palace, Sanjay Place, Civil Lines, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282002||081261 23047|
|5||Kushwah Electric Works||Fatehpur Sikri Rd, Tehsil Road, Rui Ki Mandi, Indra Colony, Shahganj, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282010||096340 81517|
|6||Mili Electricals||78, Deori Rd, Defence Estate-II, Nagla Bhawani Singh, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282001||098970 97043|
|7||Bee Pee Electricals||Emporium Complex, 22/7, Sanjay Place, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282002||0562 403 4008|
|8||D.K Electricales||Guru Govind Nagar ,Ukhrra Road, Rajpur Chungi, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282001||090271 65488|
|9||Rajveer(Raju) Electrician||Ekta Police Chwoki, Agra Shamshabad Raja Kherah Marg, in front of Vishwakarma, Maharishi Puram Colony, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282001||097193 46166|
|10||Tomar electrical service||Surya lok colony near babbu atta chakki mau road khandari dayal bagh agra, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282005||089793 19199|
Professnow is a platform, where we have gathered informations on the services you can need every now and then. Here we provide a very brief listing of the experts in your desired service. This start-up of 2021 is all about providing you the best of the bestest at your doorstep.